A few titbits

So much going on at the moment. I got back from Malta a mere couple of weeks ago, and so much has happened that I haven't even had a half hour to write a blog. I'll be writing soon about that trip - I have to tell everyone about the party my mum threw for me...one of the best nights of my life. In the meantime though, I thought I'd just update everyone on what's going on at the moment.

It's Monday today, Easter Monday in fact, and we're just coming off a four day weekend. I know everyday is a weekend to me,  on account of not having a job, but it's so nice to have boyfriend around the house for this amount of time. On Thursday we had a picnic in a park in London with some of boyfriend's workmates - the weather wasn't fantastic but we had some yummies, some wine, and then spend a bit of time in the pub before going to pick up boyfriend's brothers from King's Cross. They came down to visit for the weekend, which was really nice - they've never come to visit before. We basically had three days of sitting around the house, drinking, eating too much food, and playing multiple board games. I never win these things, but the social aspect is a nice change.

I cooked a super yummy Easter roast as well. I was pretty hammered when I got started on it, but I think I managed to produce a pretty nice, slow cooked, leg of roast lamb, seasoned with rosemary. Lamb isn't something I'm used to cooking, on account of how expensive it is in Malta, and because my step-dad can't so much as stand the smell of it cooking. But it's boyfriend's favourite meat, and it's up there among my favourites (I basically like anything made of animal), so it made for an excellent Easter roast :D yum!!!

Well, the bros have headed back up north now, so we're alone again. Not for lack of things to do though. Boyfriend and I can easily make up our days playing computer, PS3 and nintendo 3DS games. We made an effort when the sun came out today to go for a walk in the woods - that killed an hour. And then I prepped dinner for tonight. This is a bit of a long story but a few days ago I ordered a bunch of food from a Maltese food website. This food included a couple of maltese `ftiras' (i.e. bread), some ravioli and qassatat (a veggie Maltese baked treat), some figolli (Maltese almondy Easter cakes), Maltese sausages and a couple of whole rabbits. 

So tonight I decided it was whole rabbit night - you know, time for me and boyfriend to have a `fenkata' (Maltese for huge rabbit feast). But I've never quite cut up a whole rabbit before, so this afternoon was quite an experience!!! Of course, I googled `how to cut up a rabbit', but reading is never quite the same as doing. Especially when doing still has a rabbit head attached, with big goggly eyes and a few `what's up doc?' teeth!!! Thank god the big floppy ears had been removed!! I'd show a photo, but have decided that it's not for the weak of heart (or stomach).

After half an hour of wrestling with a rabbit, me and boyfriend took off to the pub.  We deserved it right?? The weather was nice enough that we could sit outside; the pub is just round the corner from our house so we got in a couple of pints and headed home for relaxation time. Mike is playing a new computer game and I decided to spend the time cooking and skyping my bestie and my mum. So a thoroughly lovely evening.

The rabbit and home made chips came amazing. I'm not drinking much tonight because I have a job interview tomorrow afternoon, but we'll be watching Game of Thrones in a bit with such port and cheese. The perfect end to the perfect day :D


Comments

  1. I was oping for some breast jokes with the "titbits" (rather than "tidbits") ... ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have now just done a search on `titbits' versus `tidbits'. Former is somewhat archaic English, whereas the latter is American/Canadian spelling. Had never come across it spelt as `tidbits' before :D

    PS. It's not quite turned into a `breast'site yet :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment