Great evenings with great friends

Last night I had Rachel and her fiance, Simon, (Rachel is a friend from boarding school) over for dinner with me and boyfriend. It really was a night of great fun and banter, and made me realise how much we've grown and evolved since going to Stonyhurst together. It's also made me realise that things that happened in the past don't seem to get forgotten by people with good memories!!

I cooked a lasagne, bruschetta and made a side salad for dinner, and must say I was super impressed with myself. Also very full after eating all that. May I recommend Jamie's Italy for a great bruschetta recipe. Rachel brought over a chocolate and lime gluten free cake, with a limey whipped cream, which I must say was very different from anything I'd had before and super yummy!! Next time she makes it though, we'll go the whole nine yards and do shots of tequila with it!!

One of my favourite things about seeing old friends, especially people like Rachel who I was very close with at school, is that there's a certain comfort about being with them. I may not know Simon very well, but because he's with Rachel, I do know him well. We've always got old stories to reminisce about and old friends to catch up on.

I think boyfriend also had a good time last night, which is a relief. You know when you introduce your worse half to your best friends and cross your fingers and hope they get on?? So far, I've been fairly lucky, and boyfriend has gotten on well with all my uni and boarding school friends. But what to do if they'd set eyes on each other and just not gotten on. That would have been a super massive sad face!!

I'm looking forward to future nights with my friends from Stonyhurst, which is one of the main bonuses of living in Preston. I can't wait for Rachel and Simon to get married - I'm so happy for them. Another friend from school is about to have a baby, which I'm very happy about, because it seems to have made her so happy. Kendall, good luck with the birth (sorry it's taking so long to get going). And generally, it seems like things are going pretty well for most of my friends from Stony :D

Comments