Let's Catch Back Up

It's amazing what turning into a 'responsible' adult can do for your blogging abilities. In my case, it's killed them completely. I literally haven't logged into my blog in over a year and I haven't posted in two years. So...I guess you're wondering...why am I back?

I'm hoping it's because I've freed up some time. I'm going to use this post to let you know what I've been up to in the last two years (jeez, that's a really long time), and maybe you'll understand that I've been overwhelmingly busy with this, that and the other. But I'm also back because I've realised the importance of this blog to me and hopefully, to you readers. It's so much better than a diary (although slightly less personal...can you imagine...'Dear diary, OMG this day has been totes awful. I made a lovely dinner for boyfriend and he barely commented on my broiling skills. Gosh, diary...do you think he doesn't like me anymore??....waaaah!!'). You get the picture.

This blog is also important because it keeps a record of my life. It's not here to inform, or educate anyone, like so many of those other blogs out there. It's just there to keep people updated on my day to day life, to help them feel like although we're no longer in touch, or simply haven't had a chance to whatsapp in a while, they still know what's going on with me. (Although friends...I'm always keen for a good whatsapp sesh. Or a skype wine & cheese night).

Ok, so I'm keeping this one short, because I've got a lot of other interesting blog posts to be getting on with. Here's what's been going on in the last two years...maybe this will put my time spent blogging into perspective.

  1. I got married (I also got engaged first). So from here on out, boyfriend shall be referred to as husband.
  2. We bought a house (yep, in London *shudder*...the horrendous expense), furnished it, made it pretty and are now in the process of convincing ourselves we should paint some walls.
  3. I got promoted to management level at work and moved to the Department for Education
  4. Previous to my promotion, I moved to the Home Office and worked in a wonderful team, learning one helluva lot in the process
  5. Shinty moves forward as always - my friends are also getting married, having babies, and generally leading very full lives that I'm lucky to be a part of - visiting them takes up quite a bit of time! Of course, none of us are actually still playing shinty!
  6. Visiting Malta, as always, several times a year and watching my family continue to grow and get crazier by the minute. Simultaneously working on my tan ;)
  7. I got back into exercise - a combination of zumba, spin class, swimming and walking with my fitbit has made me a lot healthier (sadly, not skinnier - damn the booze!)
  8. Pokemon Go! Yeah, I'm still into that. Got about 130 pokemon in the pokedex and close to evolving quite a few more!
  9. Yes, I'm also still into my cooking and have improved my skills with game, seafood and sauces. Sadly for boyfriend/husband, I still have not developed a taste for baking
Wouldn't it have been nice if I had a list of ten things? Yes, I agree, but I'm trying to get rid of my crazy need for symmetry and round numbers in all things. I'm sure that in the haze of the past two years a lot more has happened that's great, and also some things that aren't so great, but these are the things I'm happy to share. Wonderful huh?

I'll be posting a lot about my wedding and honeymoon over the next few days, so do stay tuned if you want to find out about how those all went. 

P.S. I'm glad to be back :D


Comments