Thoughts post a Cinema Trip

Just a quick blog today, as I'm ridiculously busy uncovering the reason for a ton of missing data. Just for funsies of course. I thought I'd quickly type up my thoughts on the new Inbetweeners 2 movie, which I watched last night. I don't normally have thoughts on films beyond whether I liked them or not, but this one was an interesting case. Why, you ask??..

Because it was potentially the most disgusting film I've ever seen. Seriously - more disturbing than Trainspotting, which I remember as the last film that disturbed me. Although that one was more thought-provoking than just gross. The Inbetweeners 2 was just gross.

Not that I didn't enjoy it, mind you. I went to the cinema alone, because I'm away on a work trip, and frankly I can't imagine going to watch this film with someone I know. It's not a...hey, "let's eat dinner while watching a film" type of film.Quite honestly, there was a point about halfway through the film where the main character was chundering into a pool, and I nearly joined him. It didn't help that he had human excrement on his face. Who comes up with these scenarios?

I think what scares me most about this film, besides all the human body parts hanging about (still attached to their owners, not in a mass murdered collecting body parts type of way) and the ridiculously cringey moments, is that the four teenage boys making up the key characters in the plot are actually meant to represent teenage boys in real world Britain. It's freakin' scary, and it kinda puts me off ever wanting to go out in a University town or even walk in the streets when there are drunk teenagers about, for fear of getting 'nudges' or chundered on. The scariest part is the sheer stupidity of these four characters, and their serious lack of social skills. I've known some academics who are a bit lacking in the social skill department, but these louts go to a whole new level.

Therefore, some advice. If you like cringe-worthy, pretty gross and not very compelling storylines, this is the film for you. Otherwise, hold off going to the cinema until the final Hobbit film comes out.

Comments