A healthy chinese feast

We had a couple of friends over for dinner last nght and I thought, for a change, how about I cook some Chinese food? There's a shop that we pass every day on the way home that has authentic chinese ingredients for a very low price and I've wanted to pop in there for quite some time now.

I came up with a tasty sounding list of chinese dishes that I wanted to cook a few days ago. Top of my list was curry puffs, a tasty potato and pastry treat that my mother and I enjoy every time we go to Singapore. I've never made them before, but online recipes sounded quite simple. The rest of my menu was as follows:

Starters

  • home-made curry puffs - puff pastry squares filled with curried potato, carrot & onion
There was only 1 curry puff left
when I remembered to take a piccie


  • pork & coriander dumplings - bought frozen from the Chinese store
  • home-made prawn crackers - they come in a box and I fried them in a pan of oil
Mains

  • egg-fried rice - white rice with ginger, garlic, bean sprouts and carrot, then fried with egg
  • noodles - rice stick noodles in a chinese OXO sauce, soya sauce and ginger
  • chilli chicken - stir fried chicken breast in soya sauce, peppers, chillis, ginger and garlic
  • beef in black bean sauce - beef mince cooked in jarred black bean sauce with carrots and peppers
  • stir fried green beans & choy sum - combined with garlic and soya sauce
A selection of Chinese mains
Quite a lot of food, huh? It didn't all go so unsurprisingly, I'll be eating chinese for the rest of the week, which I have absolutely no problem with, because it all came super yummy and is mostly super healthy.
It was a great night though...good food, some lovely Semillon selected just for me, and it was rounded off with Power Ballads music videos until 1am!!

Comments