Pokemon - Gotta catch 'em all

When I was about 12 years old, my dad bought me my first Gameboy Colour and a Pokemon game to go with it. I wasn't really up-to-date with these sorts of 'knick knacks' and 'toys for boys' but I figured I'd give it a go.

What can I say?? I'm now 24 years old and in the middle of the Pokemon black game on my Nintendo DS!! It turned out to be a game I was really into and somehow, over the years, I've just kept on upgrading my games and consoles and found the time to play them.

Maybe it doesn't surprise many of you that I can sometimes be found with my nose stuck in the DS. Maybe you're all just astonished that of all games I would choose to play Pokemon, especially since I don't hold with the card game or even like the cartoons. But perhaps some of you would like to know what attracts me to this game...


  1. It's very relaxing. On a weekend, I can sit on the sofa with a cup of tea, nintendo in hand and rubbish telly on in the background and for a couple of hours, there's no stress in my life. It certainly makes those rainy Sundays pass by.
  2. In the game, you spend your time travelling, exploring and meeting people. Sure they're not as interesting as real life people, but you can battle your Pokemon against them. Speaking as someone who's been travelling all over the world since she was 3 months old, travelling is fun in any capacity. Even through the medium of an electronic device.
  3. Collecting stuff is fun!! And that's the whole point of the game. Find Pokemon, Catch Pokemon, Raise them up through the levels and evolve them. Then crush everyone you battle with your superior Pokemon. It's fantastic!!
So there you go chaps - my not-so-secret secret. And whilst I don't expect anyone to read this and rush out to buy Pokemon Black, I do hope you also have or find something in your lives which relaxes you, makes you happy and asks for nothing in return.

Comments

  1. I love this post. Tilda has recently discovered Pokemon on my DS, it's all we talk about! Brad is starting to think we're crazy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment