Kudos to the TV people

I must say, I am an avid watcher of television. There are certain tv shows, particularly the American dramas, which have me completely hooked. Top of this list currently is the Vampire Diaries.

Let's analyse this drama briefly*. Our main character, Elena (gorgeous, intense, skinny and well-dressed) falls in love with not one, but two, vampires. Brothers. Both also gorgeous, intense, broad shouldered and with four of the most amazing eyes that you just want to drown yourself in. Factor in the hot ex-bf and troubled attractive brother, not to mention a cast of equally beautiful girls to appeal to the male generation, and then throw in action, mystery, gossip, and a lot of death and blood. This show twists and turns, with completely unexpected storylines getting thrown into the mix, and by God, how can it not be successful?? I've got to completely recommend this to anyone.

A few other shows which have caught my attention recently have very similar storylines. Ringer and The Lying Game are both dramas about twins, in each case played by the same actor. These shows appeal and drag their audiences in because there is such duplicity and mystery in every episode. You go back because you NEED to know what's going to happen next. And here I come to the point of this post:

People like me (and there are thousands out there) who wait constantly for a new episode of one of their favourite dramas get dragged into the stories. The characters become real. You cry when they cry and feel happy when something goes well for them. I can't count the number of days where I've watched a new episode in the morning, and been in a sober mood for the rest of the day because one of my favourite characters in Grey's Anatomy, or the Vampire Diaries, or Trueblood, or Supernatural, or WHATEVER, has died.

Some people may think this is a depressing way to live life. It's not. By watching these TV shows I can experience things that I can't (or wouldn't want to) experience in real life. They're entertaining and they're interesting and I wouldn't change them for the world.

*Don't judge the show by the books in this case, they are not at all similar!!!

Comments