Chattin' about the food

I know quite a lot of people use blogs to put their own private cooking recipes online, and I think that's a really great idea. Only problem is, I'm not good enough at cooking to have my own recipes. So instead, I'm gonna talk about the recipes I do like using and if anyone who reads this and can provide any input on these recipes, then please go ahead!!

So a couple of days ago I went shopping in town and bought an amazing Chasseur casserole dish from TK Maxx - just £13!! Clearly I was super eager to get going with it, so that evening I made a meat pie - something I'd been taught to do when I studied home economics at school.

So, perching myself in front of the tv, clearly watching Come Dine with Me, I piled flour and salt into a bowl, added blobs of fresh butter and played with the ingredients until I had a bowl full of buttery crumbly pre-pastry. Then I added a few drops of cold water and...ta-da!!! pie pastry!!!

I stuck the pastry in the fridge and set about doing the filling. There are hundreds of different fillings I could have made, but I wanted to get rid of some ingredients and hey, isn't the point of pie that it's filled with surprises??

I chopped up some onions, garlic, carrots, peppers, chilli, sweet and normal potato. I sauteed the onions, added the meat and stirred the rest of the veggies in with some red wine, rosemary, salt & pepper and a splodge of hot spanish paprika. Then it was simply a case of rolling out the pastry, filling the dish and popping it in the oven for an hour or so.

The result?? My dinner, and lunch for me and boyfriend for the next 3 days. Yummy :D


Comments