It's been nearly month...

...since my last post. On one hand, I'm slightly disappointed in myself for giving it up so completely for such a time. On the other hand, while I have had things to blog about, I simply lost interest for a little while. How many times can I come home from work and think..I must write another blog about what I cooked this weekend or about something I thought about on the train?? I always knew I wouldn't be able to write a unique post every single day for the rest of my life.

But anyway...the spark is back! A few fun things have happened recently, and a few more even more fun things are up and coming. I can't wait to share them all with you.

Let's ease back into things with a quick update on moi. I've been a working girl in Westminster for over two months now, and mornings are getting harder and harder. Add to that the fact that walking has become increasingly difficult since starting a proper training program at the gym. Damn that lactic acid buildup and my failure to cool down properly!! Summary? I am super pooped!!

I look nothing like this at work
This is more like it


I've met a lot more people at work, and we've started to have social gatherings about once a week, which I totes need. There's a brilliant pub down the road that really quite swanky and not too pricey for central London. It's kind of become our go-to place - I'm even planning to have drinks there for my birthday (coming up...start planning pressies people). 

I'm still managing to cook loads - boyfriend is particularly enjoying the constant inflow of home baked olive bread. Delish!!! Plus my new favourite dish is jerk lamb steak with polenta...to die for!!! I'll post a pic and a recipe next time it makes it onto our plates.

I'm spending a lot of time at work learning to develop those all important leadership skills, plus learning about government, and of course all the analytical and programming techniques I need. Programming is still the best part of my day. Once a geek...always  geek huh?

I'll stop here even though I have so much more to say. I've got a few retrospective blogs coming up about what's happened in previous weeks, plus in the next month I've got a glamping trip, my birthday, a trip to Malta all coming up. And tonight of course: work social at the Slug & Lettuce down the road. Exciting times ahead!!

Comments