A brief insight into salmon en croute

Salmon en croute, with asparagus in puff pastry and roasted taters 
Just because I'm working full days with an overall 2.5 hours commute doesn't mean I have to stop cooking and live off frozen pizza.  Last Wednesday night for example,  boyfriend kindly reminded me that it had been a while since I made one of our favourites.... Salmon en croute. He even more kindly picked up some puff pastry the other day, so when I got home from work it was a simply case of assembling the pie using frozen salmon fillets from the freezer, a mixture of frozen spinach, fresh garlic and a dash of garlic chilli jam, and of course, the pastry. I had just enough puff left over to make a mini asparagus and onion en croute, and together with everyone's favourite roast potatoes we had a lovely dinner at a not too outrageous o'clock. And to top it off, we got to eat it whilst watching the Great British Bakeoff on (woohoo!!!) the weekend they were baking bread.

Needless to say, I WILL be baking a bread centerpiece over the next few weeks. I'll be starting easy, with a simple white bread plait encircled around a central dip. Undecided what that dip will be yet. But for the future, there are some other great bread centerpieces I want to try. The only problem is getting people to eat it all before I gobble it up!!!

Comments