I think it's time for another adventure...

....said Bilbo Baggins....and I feel exactly the same way, sitting here at the train station. I'm off to Vietnam today, a trip I've been waiting for throughout all the long hours of my PhD. Mum and I have finally found the time to embark on three weeks of backpacking around this beautiful country, and I can barely contain my excitement!

I am undertaking the first leg of my journey alone, and I'm pretty happy about that. There is nothing more relaxing than casually train-ing to heathrow airport, music keeping the beat with your every step, and settling into your flight seat knowing you have six hours of entertainment, food and drink service, and napping ahead of you. Although you are travelling with hundreds of people, in a sense you are completely alone and completely carefree from the moment you take off until the moment you land.

There are some people out there who might completely disagree with my flight assessment. But I'm a travel junkie - mum's fault really - and there's no bigger adrenaline rush to me than the moment the plane's front wheels leave the ground. That fluttery feeling in my stomach is worth getting everytime.

I'm meeting up with my travel buddy (mum) in Dubai this evening. She had to take a flight out yesterday, and is happily spending the day perusing all the handbag shops out there. She'll be asleep when I get to the hotel at around 1 am, and we'll be off and out again come 6 am for the next leg of our journey....the flight to Vietnam.

I won't give you all any more details for now. All the hotels we're staying in have wifi, so I'll try and keep blogging throughout my trip. For now, wish me luck and a great adventure!!!

Comments