Handing in a thesis

Today, Friday 16th January, 2014, I have printed off all 300 pages of my thesis, bound them and handed them into the UCLan graduate office. Today, I have effectively ended my Phd and, aside from the viva, which will occur two months from now, I am done.

Strangely, there is no sense of relief on this momentous occasion. Friends in the same position have described handing in their thesis as a massive anticlimax to several months of frantic work, and I have to agree. If anything, my sense of relief comes from the fact that I've been waiting to hand in, and I promised myself I wouldn't hand in until today, to give myself enough time to check and check and check!!! the thesis.

My take-home edition


So that's it. Three and a bit year's work and it's all in there. I always wanted to write a book, and now that I've written this beast, maybe a work of fiction is next on the horizon. Or maybe just never writing anything again. We'll see.

For now though, it's time to celebrate. The pub beckons, as does the strongbow. And there's a certain tequila promise I once made to my coworkers....maybe tonight is the night!! :D

Comments