Back to Blog

This summer I've pretty much neglected blogging. There were several reasons for this. The main one is I was too lazy to come up with interesting things to blog about, and too busy actually enjoying my summer.

However, summer has come to a very abrupt end (at least here in England). Approximately mid-way through September the mid-teens temperature and few rain showers turned to <10 degrees and a lot of rain. At the same time, I returned from my holidays to Portugal and Malta, and tried to come to terms with the upcoming winter.

I'm not gonna lie...it hasn't been easy. My sweaters had to be recovered from the depths of my wardrobe and I had to invest in a new pair of sensible boots (which I must admit, are quite dashing). I'm still desperately trying to use any combination of my summer clothes, even if they involve many layers and result in my looking slightly like the mismatched Pippi Longstocking. Although my hair has not quite reached that state yet.

So....now I attempt to find ways to get myself through another cold, miserable winter. Ideas are welcome, but thus far my resolutions are listed hereunder:


  1. At least once a week, go swimming with people from work. The pool is always nicely heated (although most probably thanks to the numerous children also present)
  2. Try to go running/walking in the morning before work. The early morning cold will shock my body into numbness and make it forget warmth ever existed.
  3. Ingest copious amounts of spicy soup, curry, casseroles and stews. Adipose tissue keeps one warm.
  4. Attempt to blog at least 3 times a week. I have numerous summer adventures to describe and these will always cheer me up.
  5. Spend evenings searching the internet for Christmas presents. I always leave it too late.
  6. Visit people. Invite people. My calendar is far too full of labs, marking and work meetings. A little party time is necessary.
Six good points to get started on. Hopefully, I will keep to point 4 and you'll all find out how this week is turning out very soon.

Comments