A Titanic Miss

Have any of you ever wondered what would have happened if the Titanic had never hit that fateful iceberg? I'm currently watching the Leo Dicaprio/Kate Winslet version of this story -  admittedly one of my favourite films - and contemplating what setting out on such a trip would be like.

Is it possible that the Titanic would still exist to this day if it hadn't suffered that silly accident? It would be a tad old-fashioned nowadays (do people even still use ships as main methods of transportation outside of holiday cruises?), but I would love to spend a week crossing the ocean on a ship like that.

It strikes me that there are many people who have never experienced the freedom of being on board a fast-moving water vehicle. When I was younger, my family had a speedboat and I spend every spring/summer weekend of my early adolescence on that thing. Those were the best days of my life. It wasn't luxurious by any means, but it was fast and small and nothing felt better than tasting the salt of the sea and feeling the rush of power as the boat zoomed forwards.

Anyway...not to get sidetracked. How awesome is the Titanic? I think I've definitely decided that someday I'll make the slow, comfortable crossing to the states on a large ship, cocktail in hand and Gin&Tonic in the other (lol).

By the way, I just want to put it out there, but the reason I was inspired to blog about the Titanic and associated film today is because I sooooooo fancy the architect (played by Victor Garber). Initially Leo Dicaps was my dreamboy, but as I've grown older I've realised that Victor Garber is a way better match for me. Especially when you see him in films like the Old Wives Club and TV shows like Alias. Dreamboat!!

Comments