Bridesmaids: Don't be fooled

No, I am most certainly not talking about bridesmaids at a wedding. I'm talking about the film Bridesmaids, which came out in the cinema around a year ago and has recently been brought out on dvd.

Now I am a classic chick flick girl. Give me the cheesy story of a girl who falls in love, does silly things, etc etc and I'm good to go. Therefore it's quite rare for me to watch a girly film and thoroughly not enjoy it. But Bridesmaids is a key example of this sort of film.

For those who haven't been subjected to this horror, let me give you a breakdown of the story. Heroine is a skinny blonde chick whose best friend (who is clearly more unattractive than her) gets engaged. Heroine is treated like dirt by the guy she's sleeping with, thoroughly sucks at being the maid of honour for her best friend and her like is going nowhere. Heroine meets man - treats man like crap. Man forgives her and they live happily ever after.

As it is, the storyline isn't great. But tie in the fact that the main character is the most neurotic ridiculous character ever, the best friend (to quote boyfriend) looks like Morgan Freeman, the other bridesmaids are weird and there isn't a funny moment in the film: there you go: we've found the worst film ever!

So forgive me, Mr Producers/Directors/Writers of Bridesmaids. You advertised this film as the chick version of the Hangover. You did wrong. And honestly, I never want to see a woman in a wedding dress poo herself in the street again. That's not funny, that's just disgusting.

Comments