Trips in the New Year

As at the start of every New Year, I'm looking forward to the things I've got planned in the next few months. I've just returned home from spending the holidays in Malta with my family and whilst I can't wait to relax here in Preston for a while, I'm also excited about the various upcoming trips in my life.

At the beginning of February, boyfriend and I are joining my parents for a four day holiday in Malaga, Spain. I expect it will be very relaxing. We've got a three bedroom villa at the Marbella Beach Resort to ourselves, which is something we quite regularly do. It gives us the freedom and cheapness to cook our own food at home, a fair amount of living space, plus it's situated right on the beach, with jacuzzi's and beach bar and restaurants only a short walk away. My mother and I have been staying at these resorts for years, because of the amazing cheapness of getting timeshares there.

We'll have a car in Spain, which means we can go shopping, head down the coast for some sightseeing and do whatever fun stuff comes to mind. Boyfriend will be forced onto the golf course at some point, and I'm sure my mother will coerce me into shopping for things that will never fit into the hand luggage I'm taking with me.

So that's trip number 1. In June, I'm heading back to Australia for a conference in Hunter valley. I'm hoping my friend Caroline will be flying out with me, so that we can go out together there and maybe visit some friends in Melbourne. I haven't started planning this trip yet (although I probably should) but I'm looking forward to some things I always enjoy out in Australia. Hunter valley is supposed to be famous for its wine, which I'm excited about sampling. I can't wait to dine in Sydney Harbour again, maybe see some more kangaroos (and taste them too, yum yum!!). I'm not sure how long I'll be out there this year, but I'm hoping to get 3 or 4 weeks, especially if I'm working with some collaborators.

Some time in the next few months, I'm hoping boyfriend and I can endure the long bus journey to somewhere that's only 20 minutes away by car, and very dear to my heart. Stonyhurst College and Hurst Green, in the Ribble valley, is where I went to boarding school, and I haven't been back to visit it in over a year. The pubs in Hurst Green are brilliant and hold many memories (many of which I don't remember very well).

I've also obviously got friends all over the UK who I would love to visit. The hotspots are London and St Andrews. I imagine I will be spending a weekend or two in these places in the next few months. I'm looking forward to seeing you all there!!


Comments