Weekend Joys

This weekend has been a particularly enjoyable one. The reason for this, you ask?? Well, it was my birthday last Thursday and although I'm 24 years old now, I still like to party like I'm 18. Although my liver would really rather I didn't do this.

So I organised a bit of a house party at my place last night. One of the highlights of this was that a couple of friends came to visit. My bff Cat came up from London town, and Emma popped over from Leeds. I cooked us some nice home-made pizza with fresh rosemary dough to line our stomachs, bought in a few bottles of vino (Casillero del Diablo - what else?) and made a super awesome Gaga inspired playlist on my iTouch. We were good to go.

Interesting points of the night-slash-day:

1. I don't actually remember most of it. Clearly not my fault. Boyfriend gave me a whiskey coke laced with rum. Ovvs I was gonna get tanked.

2. I bought the toppings for the pizza from the market in Preston town. I must say that I am more and more impressed with that place everytime I visit. The choice and value of product is super fantastic, and I now have more chorizo and sausage in the house than I know what to do with. Yummy!!

3. We played Pass the Parcel and I got to draw lipstick all over Brad's face. I imagine he enjoyed the sensation. I do believe other fun times were had at this point, but the memories evade me.

4. I got loads of pressies, including the latest Gaga CD. Bloody brilliant music, in my opinion.

And even though I woke up with a painful head this morning, the rest of the weekend was still a marvellous success. Cleaning up the party was no big deal and then we all headed out for a pub lunch to ease our pain. To top things off, me and Cat spend the rest of the afternoon sitting in the pub (the Vic), sipping strongbow and having an amazing girly time :D


Comments