The Pretty Reckless

http://www.theprettyreckless.com/#!all

I'm not gonna lie. I love all girly pop music. Lady Gaga, The Veronicas, even Britney Spears has her place in this list. I also love those girly tv dramas that get so much stick because they're SOOOO unrealistic. Whatever. I don't have to justify what I like.

Anyway, back to the point. A couple of years ago I heard that Little J from Gossip Girl had released a song - Make Me Want To Die. Hmm.... I thought. In the years I had spent watching the show, I had always thought that Taylor Momsen (AKA Little J) had truly stood out as the character to watch. Within the space of a year her look had progressed from Daddy's Little Girl to this hardcore, gorgeous goth chick. Needless to say, my guy friends all thought her 'hot'.

So I listened to the song. Once, twice, on repeat. And bloody hell, I thought, this is awesome. It's goth and it's pop and it's rock and I LOVE IT!!!

The rest of her album has since come out and I love the rest of it pretty equally. Even the boy doesn't mind it. And watching the Pretty Reckless on stage at the London Wireless Festival last June was THE highlight of the year.

Sooo, if you're reading this, give the Pretty Reckless a listen. The tracks: Just Tonight & Going Down are my particular favourites :D

Comments